Terms and Conditions
Our Business Terms & Conditions
- “Crescent Print” is the trading name of Crescent Print Edinburgh Ltd. “Goods” means the articles or things described in the contract between Crescent Print and the purchaser.
- These terms & conditions shall be deemed to be incorporated in all contracts of Crescent Print to sell goods and in the case of any inconsistency with any order or form of contract sent by the purchaser to Crescent Print whatever maybe their respective dates the provision of these Conditions shall prevail unless expressly varied in writing and signed by a director on behalf of Crescent Print.
- Notwithstanding that Crescent Print may have given a detailed quotation no order shall be binding on Crescent Print unless and until it has been accepted in writing and payment has been accepted by Crescent Print.
- Any times or dates given for completion or delivery of goods shall be binding on Crescent Print insofar as Crescent Print undertake to carry out additional work for the purchaser to the value of the print element of any goods not supplied on time. Such liability shall not extend to delays beyond the control of Crescent Print including, without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing defects in files or omissions of information, delays in approval of proofs, non-performance of carriers, anything out of the control of Crescent Print including force majeure.
- By their nature goods do not have a redeemable value and no refunds or credits for goods correctly supplied will be entertained.
- All goods shall be paid for in full at the time of order.
- No goods shall be dispatched or collection allowed unless paid for in full.
- All prices are exclusive of Value Added Tax and this will be charged at the appropriate rate where applicable.
- Any shortcomings or defects in goods supplied must be notified to Crescent Print within 2 days of delivery. Such goods must be returned to Crescent Print for inspection.
- Nothing herein shall impose any liability upon Crescent Print in respect of any defect in the goods arising out of the acts, omissions, negligence or default of the Purchaser, its servants or agents including without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing handling and storage of the goods.
- Crescent Print shall not be liable for any costs, claims or damage arising out of any act of tort or omission or breach of contract or statutory duty calculated by reference to profits, income production or accruals or loss of such profits or by reference to accrual of such, claims, damages or expenses on a time basis.
- The liability of Crescent Print to the purchaser for any loss or damage of whatsoever nature and howsoever caused shall be limited to and in no circumstances exceed the price of the goods.
- If the purchaser shall be in breach of any of their obligations under the contract Crescent Print may (without prejudice to Crescent Print rights subsequently to determine the contract for the same cause should it so decide) suspend further deliveries of goods without notice until any defaults by the purchaser are remedied.
- No statement, description, information, warranty or recommendation contained in any catalogue, price list, advertisement or communication or made verbally by any of the agents or employees of Crescent Print shall be construed to be binding until full payment has been accepted.
- Any concessions made or latitude allowed by Crescent Print to the purchaser shall not affect the strict rights of Crescent Print under the contract. If in any particular case any of these conditions shall be held to be invalid or shall not apply to the contract the other conditions shall continue in full force and effect.
- Customer pays for the finished job, anything that Crescent Print makes to produce that job – for example film, plates, dies, computer files, artwork etc remain the property of Crescent Print unless a specifically different contract has been drawn up with the customer.
- Crescent Print is not responsible for safekeeping of Customer’s own artwork & designs. Customer should supply a copy to Crescent Print and keep the original themselves.
- Crescent Print will make every effort to ensure that we supply in excess of the print quantity ordered by at least 5%. Due to the nature of the printing process and in order to avoid frivolous claims, jobs ordered may be very rarely upto 3% less than the quantity ordered.
- Printing on customer’s own paper is done entirely at customer’s own risk, we do not accept any responsibility for paper wastage, shortage or quality of printing, copying or finishing.
- Full colour printing is done by the “CMYK printing process” therefore colours are not guaranteed to match pantone solid colours or monitor screen RGB colours.
- Crescent Print do not accept any printing work relating to alcohol and obscene materials.
- Crescent Print have the right to refuse any printing job without stating any reason.
- Completed jobs must be collected within 3 weeks of completion otherwise the job will be considered abandoned and may be disposed of at Crescent Print’s discretion and no liability will be taken for the printing job.